In this article, I will share the steps to reset Bluetooth on your Windows computer and laptop. In most of the current generation laptops, Bluetooth device is pre-installed. You can also install it later on your computer. As we already know that laptops and computers run on two operating systems Windows and Mac OS. You will find Bluetooth in both operating systems. For people who not acquainted with this technology, let me explain to them. Bluetooth is a device that allows two devices or computers to share text, image, and video files through a wireless connection.
You can transfer files from your computer to another device like a smartphone that has Bluetooth installed. Now some people ask how we can send files from one device to another using Bluetooth. I say that first, you have to turn on the Bluetooth, there always a key on your laptop keypad with a Bluetooth sign. After that, you have to use software like Xender to share the files. You can also use cmd in Windows but that modestly more technical task to perform.
Bluetooth Reset and Troubleshooting Steps for Windows
If you want to reset your Bluetooth drive for some reason then you are correct web page. Here I will share the steps and tell you how you can reset the Bluetooth in Windows computer and laptop. Now let’s get started with the steps. I suggest you do not skip any steps.
- The first step is to press the Windows key + R. This action will open the run dialog box on Windows 10 computer.
- Now type the following path exactly as given in invented commos “Services.msc” and press enter.
- Now the new window will pop up on your desktop. Find “Bluetooth Supporting Service” from the drop-down list.
- Now the final step id to click “Stop”
- Wait for 30 seconds and then click on “Start” to switch on the Bluetooth in Windows.
I hope this method has worked for you and resulted in a solution. If you are still facing the same issue move on to the next method. In this method, the approach is different to reset the Bluetooth and make it work again. Now let’s get started with the second method.
Reset Bluetooth using Device Manager in Windows
Once restarting the Bluetooth in Windows computer now we have to perform steps to reset it. Just follow the below-given steps as given and do not skip any of them.
- Press the Windows key and type “Device Manager” and press enter.
- Now find the Bluetooth device from the given list and right on it to disable.
- Once disabled then wait for 30 seconds and right-click on the Bluetooth device and enable it.
Now just check your Bluetooth by connecting it with another device and share any sample file to confirm that the issue is resolved. If you are still facing the same issue then contact the team to fix it. Bookmark this webpage for the latest updates and releases of Windows tips and tricks.