All over Windows 10 is a far more efficient and stable operating system than its processors. Microsoft’s older operating systems like Windows 7 and Windows 8 lack vital features required for the normal workload. Here in this article, I will help you to access your external Hard Drive. You just have to follow these given steps to access the drive.
There are two ways to access your external drive in Windows 10. Here I am going to share the steps for Windows 10. The first method way is to update the driver and the Windows operating system will auto-detect the drive. The second is rollback the driver. I will share both methods that are feasible to perform and resolve this issue. Before getting with the steps I suggest you back up the drive, there could be data loss if you are not able to perform the given steps successfully.
How to Update the Driver in Windows 10
- Go to Cortana in Windows 10 and search for “Device Manager” and open it.
- Now click on “Disk Drives” and expand it on the driver.
- Now you have to update drivers and check to reconnect the hard disk after installing the update.
You can also set up the automatic updates on the driver in case new drivers are released. To turn on the updates search automatically updates for driver software. This is the first method to detect the connected hard disk with your Windows computer. Now let’s move to the second method.
How to Roll Back to the Driver in Windows 10
- Go to “Device Manager” in Windows 10
- Now click on the Driver tab
- Here you have to select the Roll Back the Driver
- After clicking on the Roll Back you have to wait for some time.
I hope the above-given methods resolved your issue, if you are still facing the same issue I request you to contact the team and they will fix the issue. Bookmark this website for further updates associated with this app.